Monday, March 22, 2010

"Hello Friend!"

Wow...over a year? Really? Has it been that long? Well I guess it goes without saying that life has been crazy, busy and full. It's also brought a lot of great things about...and in this week some not so great. It's been so crazy that I haven't really had much time to reflect. To reflect on who I am, my faith, or on anything really.

This week I lost a friend. She was a friend from college whom everyone loved. She had a spunky personality and was filled with unbreakable joy. Now I know that when someone close to you dies everyone talks about how great they were and often overidolize that person, but that's really not the case here. She truly ALWAYS had a smile on her face. Smiley Kylee. She greeted everyone she met with the same greeting, "Hello Friend!"

Kylee Boden went to be with the Lord this past Wednesday. She was pregnant with her forth baby and passed out. They rushed her to the hospital where she had an emergency C-Section and baby Caleb was born. He was a few weeks early, but otherwise healthy. Kylee never woke up to welcome her new baby into this world. She never got to hear him cry. Never got to kiss his perfectly soft and warm forehead. Never got to hold him in her arms. They said she had a stroke due to preeclampsia.

This is only supposed to happen in the movies. Not to people I know. Not to someone I called friend. How is this fair?


It's not. But life isn't fair right? At least not in this life. Fairness can't be defined by our culture. We as Americans DEFINITELY can't define it. But that's a whole 'nother blog post...one that I won't wait a year to post. In the meantime I trust that God IS fair and just. I trust that Kylee has walked through the gates of heaven after seeing her name in the Book of Life with a big fat check mark next to it. Jesus is standing there greeting her saying, "Hello friend...well done my good and faithful servant."

1 comment:

Valerie said...

God has blessed you with Kylee's friendship. Mourn, my dear girl, and know that someday, you will see her again. This just breaks my heart, though!