Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sigh...

Nattie had surgery yesterday to remove the tumor in her stomach. The doctors came back with the scary news that it is inoperable. She will now undergo chemo to extend her life. I can't IMAGINE what her family must be going through because I'm just plain MAD. She's too young. WAY too young. And she's my friend. This isn't supposed to happen to people who are close to you...maybe grandparents or parents, but friends? Our dear friend Dana has endured cancer herself at way too young an age and has seen several friends suffer. She has been an amazing source of strength and knowledge for all of us. We're all leaning on each other while praying Nattie knows she can lean on us. But what we all need is rest. I then I found this poem on Rocks in My Dryer that pretty much spoke directly to my heart.

There is nothing--no circumstance, no trouble, no testing--that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and past Christ right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with a great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to become panicky, as I lift up my eyes to Him and accept it as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart, no sorrow will ever disturb me, no circumstance will cause me to fret, for I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is--that is the rest of victory!

--Alan Redpath, former pastor of Moody Church


This is EXACTLY what I plan to do...I will rest in the Lord for THAT is the rest of victory!


Please be praying for Nattie...you can click the picture in the sidebar for updates.

No comments: