Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year New Me!

Hello?

Is anyone there?

Hmmm...if you are, I owe you a HUGE apology. I have been SO BAD about blogging lately (okay, for the past few months). But I have an excuse...I do, really.

The past couple of months were extra busy with Christmas play rehearsals, performances, Christmas and everything that goes along with that, and many, many, many, many things to do for the plant that is starting on the 28th of this MONTH!!!

Things have been VERY busy. But, how blessed am I? I've heard over and over how difficult 2006 was for so many people. All I can think is how blessed I was this year. God strengthened my marriage in ways I NEVER thought possible, He allowed us to take time out for US and that really was something we had never done before. Now that we have, we see the importance of it and will carry that with us for the rest of our lives.

We've had another year of health. The past month was a bit difficult, but not too difficult for the Lord. My dad was in the hospital for the whole month of November with a bacterial infection. They still have no idea how or where he got it, but it was in the top 10 for worst cases his doctor had ever seen. He had to have a skin graft done on his leg and will now have it wrapped for at least the next 6 months, but he's fine! He pulled through in ways his doctors didn't think he would.

The beginning of December I found out that I may be suffering from Thyroid Disease. I had to have an ultrasound done on my thyroid and some bloodwork done, but everything came back normal...PRAISE THE LORD!

Our boys continue to amaze us. We joke that Ryley is either going to be a pastor or a politician...of course, you know the way I'm praying :) He has an opinion on everything and is not ashamed to share it. I often try to stifle him, but then stop myself and consider myself blessed that he IS willing to share his opinion even if he is only 5. He loves Jesus and isn't afraid to invite people on the street to church with him. He's my little evangelist.

Blake is growing into such a little man. It's hard to believe he's now 4. My baby can't be 4!! Our pastor and his wife adopted a baby girl from China last year and he now swears that he is going to marry her :) He loves to play sports and watch superheros. He too is becoming very opinionated, but isn't quite as vocal as his brother...which I'm fine with, I couldn't imagine if they were BOTH that outspoken...I probably wouldn't be able to go out in public at risk of embarrassment.

2006 was very good to us. It brought us to work with an amazing staff at an amazing church. We look forward to what 2007 is bringing.

No comments: