Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Downsizing of MT. TBR

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am taking part in a TBR Challenge over at Literary Cache. I have SO MANY books and yet I find myself picking new ones up instead of reading what is already on my shelves.

SOOO...I have decided to join this group and challenge myself to read one a month...which is VERY do-able for me. So without further ado, here's my list:

January - The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve

February - Tara Road by Maeve Binchy

March - Conspiracy of Kindness by Steve Sjogren

April - The Family: A Christian Perspective on the Contemporary Home by Jack and Judith Balswick

May - Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren (I'm not sure why I haven't read this yet, but curiousity is getting the best of me, I think).

June - The Trumpet of the Swan by EB White (I LOVE her other books, but I'm not sure why I haven't read this one yet...I may read it aloud to the boys as well.)

July - The Complete Works of EM Bounds on Prayer by EM Bounds :)

August - Witnessing Without Fear by Bill Bright

September - The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (I've avoided reading him for a long while now. I guess it's time to try him, and this is the only one of his books I HAVE so therefore it made it to this list).

October - Amityville Horror by Jay Anson (had to read a scary one this time of year)

November - Fresh Power by Jim Cymbala

December - Deception Point by Dan Brown (I've enjoyed his other books and figured this would be some easy reading during a high stress time)

So there it is. I will be working to read these books every month. Of course, I still have my book club books to read every month, plus blogs, and entertainment books....sigh...I think I may have an addiction.

1 comment:

Maria said...

i LOVE EB White and Trumpet of the Swan is my favorite of his.

Nicholas Sparks -- my favorite of his will ALWAYS be my first read of his -- A Walk to Remember -- the others are not near as good