Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's Their Choice and They'll Cry If They Want To

I saw THIS today on MSN.COM...

Yes, it is scary that we live in a world that approves of murder, but it was the following quote that stopped me in my tracks...

“It’s emotionally devastating,” she said in a phone interview. “I don’t regret my decision — but I regret having been put in the position to have to make that choice. It’s something I’ll live with for the rest of my life.”

Oh...I'm SORRY...I'm sorry to make you uncomfortable by making you take responsibility for YOUR decision. I don't DOUBT that it is a hard decision especially for those who don't know the Truth. But, and correct me if I'm wrong here, wasn't it YOUR decision to have s*x? I mean, I wasn't the one who was standing over you saying, "DO IT so that I can make your decision harder later."

When will people take responsibility for their own actions? I'm obviously NOT talking about women who are raped or anything, but the "normal" Jane who finds out that she's pregnant and she doesn't want to be.

I had a baby unexpectadly...I know the feeling of fear and utter dispair that comes along with an unplanned pregnancy. I can only imagine the fear and dispair intensifies if the woman is not married. But there is another side to these situations...

This month is National Adoption Month...seems to me Ms. Magazine probably knows this.

No comments: