Friday, September 15, 2006

The Slap Heard Round the Living Rooms

OK...I am NOT a SAHM so I don't normally get to see what is on daytime television (and for this I'm thankful). BUT I just saw THIS over at Shannon's...

I just don't know what to say...

I mean, I knew that Rosie would be causing a rucus coming on to this show, but seriously, that show has never been anything BUT a rucus so I didn't think anything of it. I knew she'd say things that would make me think WHAT!?!?!? But that's why I don't watch it...

Are we supposed to just turn a blind eye to hypocritical statements such as "Extremist Christians are the same as Extremist Muslims?" Are we supposed to just say, "Well, that's her opinion."? We live in a free country...GREAT! But at what level do we risk losing that freedom? Do we risk losing our freedom of speech when it is no longer okay to tell others the sacrifice that Christ made for them? Do we risk losing our freedom of speech when it is no longer possible to have praise music playing in the background of a department store? Do we risk losing our freedom of speech when it is no longer okay to pray in schools? To say the Pledge of Allegiance? To quote the Ten Commandments? To quote the Constitution!!!!

We as Christians are losing our freedom of speech and we don't even REALIZE it! If you notice in that video that Shannon had on her blog, that Elizabeth kept trying to discuss the situation and was constantly interrupted. Elizabeth is a Christian and stern Bush supporter. We are losing our voice. But if you read the comments many people were willing to write it off to the fact that they EXPECTED that out of Rosie...you know what??? That's fine...I kind of expected it too...But does that mean we are to just lay idly by and let television personalities walk all over Christ and those who follow him? NO!

If anyone would like to participate, please, click here to be directed to ABC's website and email Barbara or any other person on the panel...Let's keep this clean please...the last thing we need is for ABC to be comparing us to Muslim extremists...OH WAIT...they already are!

2 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Jerod and I both saw that... neither of us had left for work yet. It was disgusting. And she was supposedly "moderating" but interrupting everyone else and being all loud and obnoxious. UGH. I'm definitely not watching The View as long as she's on it.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Thank you for taking a stand!!!

Leigh Gray