Monday, November 12, 2007

Seasons of Change

Yes, our family is in the process of ANOTHER transition...the one that includes adding a family member. It seems like I've been pregnant forever. I mean, I don't even remember my shape before I was just a massive belly...I know it wasn't pretty, but I don't remember really what I look like without a basketball under my shirt.

I had my FINAL OB appointment today. My doctor actually asked me if I was ready to be induced today! GULP! I really don't want to be induced but at the same time I know that I don't want a baby on the week of Thanksgiving either. Blake was born the day before Thanksgiving of 2002 and it was not fun to spend the holiday in the hospital. I'd much rather have him on my due date and be able to relax with family and my new baby while we stuff our faces.

So, I scheduled an induction with the hospital and my doctor for Friday morning at 8am. We're going to have a baby before this weekend!

Please pray though that I will go naturally before then. I am still planning on going drug free and don't want to be tempted by the intense pain brought on by the harder contractions that come with inductions.

I also found out today that we won't owe the doctor or the hospital ANYTHING after insurance PRAISE GOD! It seems that we've been hit HARD in the wallet left and right for the past few months and it's just getting harder and harder to stay afloat...I feel like God is giving us a bit of a break right now with this news. All we'll have to pay is $260 to have his little man procedure done :)

So, I'm hoping to blog a bit more this week as the time approaches. I'll also be sure to let all of my friends know once he's here and have Mike post some pictures. I just have to teach him how to post pics and use my blog first...heh.

If I don't get back here before this baby's born then I'll be sure to post as soon as I get home to let you know that Jackson Reid has arrived!!

1 comment:

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Congratulations!
I'm sure by now your baby has arrived. I hope your delivery went smoothly.