Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Week 2: Day 5: Psalms 104; 150; John 1:1-5

Psalms 104; 150 (praise) and John 1:1-5 (the Word)

It is not a hidden fact that I love music. I feel that God created me for several purposes, but my main purpose here on earth is to worship Him...to bring HIM glory. I think that's why today's reading resonated with me so much...

Psalm 104:33-34 "I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the Lord."

Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord."

The hymn for today is "How Great THou Art"...Singing verse 4 has always made me imagine what singing for the last time on this Earth will be like...

When Christ shall come with shouts of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim MY GOD HOW GREAT THOU ART!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;
How Great Thou art, how great Thou art..."

How Great you are Lord!!

No comments: