Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Reward I Probably Don't Deserve

Aaaaaahhhhh....I love to be pampered. As I'm sitting here in my office typing away...yes, I am at work...no, I'm not working...and no, you can't make me...I am fondly remembering my spa day this past Saturday. Don't be jealous now...

I think it is very important that we take care of ourselves. After all, we clean up poopy diapers, dog vomit, kid vomit, stinky, dirty underwear, and clean urine stained toilets...why shouldn't we deserve some pampering??

Proverbs 31:28-31:

28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. 31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I am soo thankful to have a husband who makes this a priority. He is always making me feel good about myself. I lurve him... There are MANY times I don't deserve a reward...pickup your jaw...I know you're surprised, but it's true!! I often fall short of the Biblical "woman" that is described in Proverbs 31. Sometimes I am WAY intimidated by reading that chapter.

There are times that I go home and just sit...ooohhh can't believe I'm admiting this...I get so wore out dealing with people at work that I just don't want to do ANYTHING! My husband understands this because there are nights when he feels the same way. He doesn't usually complain, because these funks only last normally a night. Heh...I'll come home the next night and find the mess from the night before and go on an all night cleaning binge...you think I'm kidding...

Why don't we as women focus enough on ourselves? Why do I not care what I eat, but freak out if my mom feeds my boys one cookie? Why can I wear jeans more than one day, but won't allow my hubby to leave the house without a clean pair on? Why is it I make sure my dog drinks plenty of water throughout the day but I fill up on diet sodas? It is time to STOP.IT!

I am starting to learn to take care of myself again. I really need to. I haven't been to a dentist since we got married. We just celebrated our 7th anniversary, so what does that tell you? I suffer migraines that have never been diagnosed. I have frequent stomach aches that I need to figure out what is going on. I'm overweight. I'm behind on my Bible Study. I need to make myself a priority.

As I laid on the table getting my massage on Saturday, I realized just how comforting it is to be touched...don't get freaked...I don't mean it like that. I mean in simple hugs from my children, a kiss from my husband, and a hug from a friend...I consider that some of the BEST pampering. I need to do this for myself!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get in a blitz and do it for a while and then. . . . wellll you know, don't you, it all falls apart again.